description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 28/05/2023

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

So I eat the Kalafina Christmas cookie on the 3rd day of CNY

Hahaha.... that title for this blog post is the best that I can do. :P  I have no talent for writing titles.  It must be why I don't write for a living. :)

Well, so it's the third day of Chinese New Year or the Lunar New Year as it's known in some other parts of the world, and I will have to return to work today.  It has been a relatively long and very good break from work and I would be lying if I said that I can't wait to return.  Since the restructuring at work, I think none of us who remain really feel like going to work anymore.  The trip to see Kalafina four times live and Ieiri Leo live once in Japan couldn't have come at a better time.  I really needed to escape from reality and although this trip wasn't planned at a time when I felt like I needed to run away for a while, it was timed perfectly for it.

But it's the third day of CNY and most of us will return to work today because we only get two public holidays for CNY.  So no matter how much I would like to avoid the changes and the stark reality that many of those that I have worked side by side with for years are no longer there, I must go back to it and face it head-on because one cannot escape forever.

Hence, on the third day of CNY, I decided I needed to eat something sweet and something that would cheer me up.  Unlike Keiko, who only needs a cheery "good morning" to change her mood for the day, today requires much stronger medicine than that.  So with Kalafina's music playing in the background and steaming hot coffee in my cup, I eat their Christmas cookie on the 3rd day of CNY. :)

And like any "good" blogger :P , I must document it.  :D  Kidding, I just felt like writing because writing makes me feel better. :)  That and good music and good food and a ton of good stuff... ... .... restructuring is not the end of the world, deep down I know that.... I just need to remind myself sometimes. :)

So now that I have decided that I need to eat this cookie to make me feel better and also because it expires sometime in March, it's time to do a proper "unboxing" post. :D

    

The cookie is really very pretty.  I must say it was a little bit of a difficult decision whether to try and hold on to it forever or just eat it.  But I'm not sure how well cookies keep ten years from now and if it's going to disintegrate, I guess I should devour it before it did that.

The packaging is relatively simple. The cookie is sealed in a small plastic bag which is placed in a bigger plastic bag with a hard cardboard backing.  Then it's tied together with a gold twist tie that also has a green ribbon attached to it.

I felt that the design printed on the cardboard backing is quite Kalafina...quite Kalafinaっぽい. It kind of reminded me of the Magia concert T-shirt from the very moment I saw it. CLICK ME.

So how did it taste?  Well, it's probably not the best cookie I have tasted in my life.  But that would be hard to beat because there are were a few good cooks and bakers in my company so I have eaten some very good freshly baked cookies.  So it would be hard for a cookie that had to travel through a few different climate conditions from Dec 2015 to beat that.  But that said, it actually wasn't bad at all. It tasted like a regular cookie that wasn't too rich or too sweet.  The fact that I didn't find it too sweet made me very happy.  Although I don't dislike sweet, I quite like it actually, I don't like overwhelming sweetness either.  I was a little worried it would be very sweet because of the icing on top.  But it wasn't which made me glad.  It was just the right amount of sweetness for such a day as this. :)



And that is all that's left of my Kalafina Christmas cookie.  I will keep that plastic bag with the Kalafinaっぽい cardboard backing as a keepsake to remind me that I once owned a Kalafina Christmas cookie. :)

Now.... there's still that Kalafina 8th Anniversary Live 2016 cookie to eat sometime in the future. :)

Okay!!!! It's time to face the day head on. Time to deal with new things, new situations, a new job scope etc in 2016.

行ってきます !!! :)

No comments: