description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 14th April 2024

Tuesday, February 09, 2016

Kalafina VEVO channel on YouTube

Oh.... I wanted to write about this earlier but forgot.  A good friend and a fellow Kalafina fan informed me in Jan while I was in Japan that there have been some massive updates to Kalafina's VEVO channel on YouTube.  (Thanks for the tip, buddy. :) )

And just as I was about to go to bed, I got another notification in my email that even more video clips have been added on the 6th Feb. :)

source
It's all pretty cool for us international fans because VEVO should be legit and it's not IP locked to Japan. :)  THANK YOU!!!!!! It's a little late but it's a good start.  I hope this bodes well for the future. Please stop IP locking these to Japan, Kalafina has a pretty big following outside of Japan and IP locking 15-30 second CMs and short version PVs makes no sense to me.

Perfume, KPP, Ieiri Leo, angela, Suiyoubi no Campanella etc have quite a lot of material that isn't IP locked to Japan.  It's time that more and more Japanese music companies work out better licensing agreements that will allow promotional material to be accessible outside of Japan too.  These are promotional material, it's meant to promote the music, so use it to promote the music to the world too, not just Japan.

Now I can actually share their MVs on Facebook, twitter and even on this blog without worrying about copyright restrictions. :)

Please, please, please do not IP lock future CMs and MVs so that I can help you promote their music without breaking copyright restrictions. Thanks!!!!! :)

Okay... now I MUST sleep.  Good night!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And yet, still no Moonfesta. Sad. It's a really cute video too.

just me said...

Ah.... indeed, no Moonfesta. Maybe a NHK copyright thing since Moonfesta was for Minna no Uta.

Wei Hao said...

like finally! I was getting tired of the playlist cycling through hikarifuru, magia and To the beginning.

The local restrictions is really annoying.

just me said...

LOL.... indeed. I'm most pleased that they finally did it. For the longest time, and even now, I really don't understand how the marketing teams in Japan think at all. Their domestic market has been shrinking year after year, wouldn't it be better to also market to the rest of the world too. But a lot of times, a lot of the CMs and short version PVs which are meant for promotional purposes are restricted to Japan only. They really need to think more globally these days.

Them finally updating Kalafina's VEVO channel to include almost all the MVs they have released is hopefully a sign of better things to come. But we'll only know when they release their next promo or short ver PV to promote their new release. Alcira no Hoshi, the collaboration with Tanimura Shinji doesn't count. That's being released by Universal Japan not SMEJ and they the first promo clip was released without IP restrictions. :) The litmus test will be their next song that's being distributed by SMEJ. We'll know then if they still IP lock their material.