description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 14th April 2024

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Kalafina ~ far on the water - short PV


Kalafina updated their website yesterday to reflect the imminent release of their newest album far on the water. :)  Sadly, as usual, international IP addresses are locked out of viewing the video clip.  And this is something I really don't understand. :(  It's a PV = promotional video.  They should be using these PVs to drive sales and recognition worldwide, not just limiting it to Japan.  Of course there are ways and means to watch it but I would like to be able to happily share this video with fans and non-fans alike without wondering when YouTube or some other streaming service is gonna pull the plug. :(

I won't be providing links to the video clip for you, I think if you know where to look, you can find it.  :)  You could also always use VPN to watch the clip.
I've seen it and I really like it the PV.  It's a very nice location and there are a few shots in there that I particularly like.  Some of them I find quite evocative.  This is probably my favourite shot in the PV right now.


For some reason, I'm really drawn to this shot.  I like the composition and the color palette they used.  Although you can't see their faces clearly, I don't mind.  I really like this shot and shots that are similar to it.


The song opens beautifully and powerfully with a short verse sang by Keiko before Hikaru comes in and the signature Kalafina chorus work kicks in.  While it may not be the most innovative song from Kalafina, I really like it.  Some how I find this song so stirring.  A lot of Kajiura Yuki's song evoke these kinds of feelings in me.  This should be more than satisfactory for Kalafina fans and fans of Kajiura Yuki's work I think.  It's not a huge departure from their style, hence, it won't alienate fans or leave fans of their signature sound and feel feeling a little "hmmmmm... I don't really know if I like their new direction" like One Light was for me.  So far far on the water is a win for me and I'm really excited to hear the full song.  Of course I can hardly remember most of the song from that one listen in the Budokan on Blue Day, am so looking forward to the release of the album, ESPECIALLY since the DVD & BD's come with the live clips of ring your bell and far on the water at the Budokan. :)

(EDITED: Oh... I wrote this post a little too fast.  I don't mean to imply that I didn't like One Light.  I truly love that chorus to bits and can loop the song endlessly just to hear that chorus.  I'm not as in love with the opening section and verse bits as much as others but the song needed time to grow on me.  So while it isn't my fav Kalafina song, I like it enough. :)  My fav song from the One Light single though, is Samidare. :) )

I think the girls look lovely in their new image as well. Here's two screen captures of Hikaru and Wakana. :)



And they were doing some funky superimposition stuff later in the PV which was interesting and different from their using PVs.

  

Interesting and now I understand why one of the tokuten postcards had them in black. :)

Okay, I have to dash to work.  Took too long with this. :P

Have a nice day everyone. :)

And don't forget to buy the album if you can afford it. :)

far on the water (RE)
far on the water (LE + BD)
far on the water (LE + DVD)
far on the water (analog vinyl)

No comments: