description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 14th April 2024

Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Kalafina Club 9/1/2015 ~ far on the water - song previews - comments


Starting this week, Kalafina Club will be previewing songs from their soon to be released album far on the water.  I managed to listen to the program with the help of a friend, thanks! :)

Today they previewed むすんでひらく (Musunde Hiraku).  Most of the approx 1 min clip had Hikaru and Wakana taking turns to lead with Keiko doing mostly harmonising.  Keiko gets one clear line in there.  The clip is taken from somewhere in the middle of the song.  It's not bad, lots of Kalafina harmonising but it's not exactly a huge departure from their usual stuff.  Those of us who like their usual stuff will probably be okay with it.  Those who like their songs to sound different all the time, a bit like how angela can get, then maybe it won't be instant love...maybe never even a like... maybe?  I don't know.
As for me, I'm okay with it.  I think getting a clear Keiko line kind of made my heart skip a little bit faster. LOL!!  Okay...kidding.... so far Musunde Hiraku is unlikely to be my favourite song from the album but I'm unlikely to hate it.  So far, I feel positive about the song. :)

The other song that they previewed was 空色の椅子 (Sorairo no Isu).  Now this on the other hand, is interesting.  Wakana leads this song with Keiko doing harmonising.  After the song, they said that Hikaru will sing in the latter half but you won't hear Hikaru in this clip, unfortunately.  Structurally, this song is likely to be similar to a song like Natsu no Ringo where Wakana and Hikaru take turns to lead and Keiko harmonises throughout the song.

That said, that doesn't mean that this song isn't good.  I like it a lot so far.  This is so far instant love from me. :) Those of us who like Keiko's vocals most are most likely those who also like her harmonising work lots.  It's unavoidable because Keiko does a lot of it and does it well too.  It was what first drew me to her above Wakana and Hikaru.  Although these days I do crave for moments where she'll lead for a bit, I still really like Keiko's harmonising work.  So I'm happy to say Wakana and Keiko sound really, really lovely together in this song.  There is a one bit too where Wakana goes higher, that bit is really nice! :)

It's a quiet sort of ballad, its all strings and has a slight oriental feel about the opening musical intro except that the string instruments used to play the song are Western string instruments.  I think this would be a strong candidate to be played at this year's Christmas live with strings.  I'm really  keen to hear how the full song sounds like now.

Hoping that there will be one or two songs with significant Keiko lead moments to feed my bias. :D  Then I think I would be a happy camper. :P  So far so good for me. :)  Now... how many versions of this album should I buy? :P  Completely looking forward to the album now. :)

p.s. Apparently Keiko really likes Musunde Hiraku.  Unfortunately, my Japanese isn't strong enough to understand fully what she said except that she talked at length about it and said "daisuke".  I think Wakana said something about all three of them really liking some of the lyrics.  Okay...if I managed to figure out more or if I can get another friend to help me with it, maybe I'll write more another day. :)

No comments: