description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 28/05/2023

Monday, July 06, 2015

Ieiri Leo ~ Kimi ga Kureta Natsu - short live PV

Less anyone forgets that I also rather like Ieiri Leo :P , here's a post about her soon to be released single.

Yesterday, her record label posted a video featuring her singing a short portion of her soon to be released song Kimi ga Kureta Natsu which translates into something like The Summer that you gave me.



I really, really do like her music and one of the things on my bucket list is to one day attend one of her lives.  It's just that Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina always take priority for me since I really am a huge fan of their work.  And unfortunately, Ieiri's lives don't quite coincide or can't fit into my schedule when I am in Japan for Kajiura Yuki's and Kalafina's lives. :(
Now as a fan who does buy a lot of Ieiri CDs and intends to import at least one, maybe two versions of this single, I still feel compelled to say that from the little that I've heard, this song is a little disappointing for me.  It really does sound quite similar to her past work.  Here's hoping the rest of it will be more interesting.  Fingers crossed. :)

If you wish to get these from the CDJapan, like me, then you can click on the titles below if you like.  These links take you directly to their respective product pages.

Kimi ga Kureta Natsu (Limited Edition w/ DVD)



Kimi ga Kureta Natsu (Limited Edition w/knapsack)



Kimi ga Kureta Natsu (Regular Edition)




Interestingly, as far as I can tell, no tracklist has been released yet.  Usually, these come out pretty fast for Ieiri Leo's releases.

I'm likely to pick up at least the LE with DVD because the DVD comes with concert footage which I really like.  I'm interested in getting the LE with the knapsack too just because I'm curious about this knapsack but then without a photo of what it looks like, I'm a bit hesitant. :P

If the RE has live tracks in them, then I may get that over the knapsack LE version.  We'll see. I haven't decided on anything but the LE+DVD version.

Also, the cover art for the LE w/knapsack and the RE version is exactly the same which leads me to think that the tracklist is likely to be exactly the same and the only reason why the LE w/knapsack version is an LE is that it comes packed with goods.

Don't forget to buy the CDs if you like the music and can afford it.

4 comments:

Wei Hao said...

No albums yet? :(

just me said...

what do you mean Wei Hao? :) Ieiri's released three albums already. All pretty good so far.

Or are you wondering where's my unboxing of her previous single and album released.... I really should work on it, shouldn't i? :(

Wei Hao said...

Wait, she did?? omg i must have missed one of your previous posts. What's her third album's name?

just me said...

LOL... yes there was a third album released this year. It's called "20" and she just finished the Japan tour commemorating this release.

I was suppose to do the unboxing. :P I shot the photos already but I just haven't found the time or energy to do it. :P