description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 14th April 2024

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Nanri Yuuka ~ 3DS home theme / new album

There isn't much news on Kalafina now because I think both Keiko and Wakana are busy preparing for the Yuki Kajiura vol.12 lives in June.  Kajiura Yuki's been tweeting about the lives as well and I'm getting pretty excited about them.  No real juicy bits or anything, just that she'll be playing some Hanako to An tracks and that she'd written a song... although, I'm not sure if that song is for the vol.12 lives or something else.

source
Anyway...meanwhile Nanri Yuuka has released a new album called one day.  As part of the promotions for this release, the marketing team behind Nanri Yuuka made a 3DS home theme available for purchase on the 3DS.
To be honest, I am not really a Nanri Yuuka fan.  My main interest in her is because of her work previously as FictionJunction YUUKA.  I liked a lot of the songs she sang as part of Kajiura Yuki's solo project.  I am usually mostly only interested in most of Kajiura Yuki's family of vocalists if they sing her songs. The only one I may make an exception for is Keiko  :P  and even then, there are no guarantees that I will continue to be a big fan if she goes solo, it really depends on the music.

That said, it is Nanri Yuuka after all and I really liked a lot of her work as FJ YUUKA and I loved her as Nao in the Mai Hime universe.  Mai Hime is still my favourite anime of all time and she was great as Nao.

So I decided, I will support Nanri Yuuka by buying her 3DS Home theme. :)  Okay, it isn't much.  I haven't picked up her album yet even though I actually think that two songs that they are promoting for the album are quite nice.

I just can't afford to pick up her album right now.  I already have Kajiura Yuki's FictionJunction 2010-2013 The BEST of Yuki Kajiura LIVE 2 album on pre-order and I also have multiple copies of Kalafina's soon to be released ring your bell single on pre-order. Also, there is the June trip to Japan for Yuki Kajiura Vol.12 Live and also, I'll be going to Kalafina's live in October as well :D ...... I'm going to be soooooooo broke.  So I have to chose what I can and can't afford to get. :(

First, let me post up photos of the 3DS theme.  It cost 200 yen, so still affordable for me.  The 3DS now allows screen capture of their top and bottom screens depending on what software you are using. It's still pretty limited :(  but it's better than nothing.

  

There is an announce on the Flying Dog Nanri Yuuka page about it as well.

source
The home themes come with music.  So for Nanri Yuuka's home theme, the BGM is not a surprising choice.  It's of course one day. :)

I shot a video of it, just for fun and also so that you can see the home theme in action.


The audio is pretty low, you won't be able to hear it that well.  Also, I'm uploading this to blogger so the quality isn't going to be great because blogger video's compression is pretty heavy-handed.  It's looping a small portion of the song and the audio level from the 3DS speakers isn't that loud either, even at maximum.  My guess is that the audio is kept at a lower level and a lower quality on purpose.

I actually like home themes on the 3DS,  I have a couple of them and I put them on rotate.  I'm hoping that Kalafina or FictionJunction will have one too.  That way I can have them on rotate on my beloved 3DS too. :)

Okay.... here are the two Nanri Yuuka songs that I was saying are quite nice.



This is My Favourite Time ~ suteki na ichinichi.  Singer songwriter Lisa Komine is accompanying Nanri Yuuka on the piano.  According to the promotional literature, this was shot live in the studio especially for the release of this album.  The full version will be one of the videos they'll include in the accompanying DVD in the Limited Edition.

The other song is this song.



This is nukumori.

In my opinion, these two songs really highlight quite well Nanri Yuuka's strengths as a vocalist.

If you wish to pick this up, there are two versions the Limited Edition with the DVD and the Regular Edition which is just the CD itself.  I've given CDJapan links as usual but you'll be able to pick this up at any of the usual online shops.


CDJapan is giving this KG size photo as a tokuten for the purchase of either version.  These are still available at the time of writing.

Samples of all the tracks are available on their respective product pages on CDJapan and also at Nanri Yuuka's page on the Flying Dog website.  So you can go check out what the songs sound like before you make your purchasing decision, should you decide to pick it up.  I might just try and buy digital downloads of the two songs this time and not the physical albums themselves.  I'll go look into it when I have time.

For now... that's it from me.  I have to be up really early because I'm working again tomorrow morning.  So I'll need to sleep ASAP.

The next post I think I'll write will most likely be about the Daruma factory visit in Gunma. I may try and squeeze in tiny post about angela's new album One Way which will be released on the 20th May.  But we'll see.  I really want to write about the Daruma factory soon because I have delayed it for sometime and I feel bad about it.  I want to write it partly to share with all who are interested in Japanese culture and also because it's my way of thanking Asahi-san for letting us visit his factory. Anyway, need to sleep soon.  cheers. :)

No comments: