description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 28/05/2023

Friday, April 24, 2015

angela ~ Kishi Koshin Kyoku - (Knights of Sidonia theme songs) CD release

Continuing from my blog post below about angela's Soukyuu no Fafner releases, angela also has two more upcoming releases.

There is the Kishi Koshin Kyoku single release.  This will contain the two new theme songs from the Knights of Sidonia anime franchise.  angela also sang the first theme song, for Season 1 of the anime.  That was an awesome song.  For those of you who may not know the song Sidonia, you might want to check out the YouTube video of the short version of the PV below.



I have this single but haven't shot photos of it for the blog because my in autographed and it's a personalized autographed with my name too and I would still like to maintain a level of privacy online, so yeah... no photo of that autograph. :)  I got it last year at Anime Festival Asia 2014 in Singapore.  I bought two CDs so that I would be able to attend two autograph sessions with angela. :D

Anyway, back to Kishi Koshin Kyoku.

The cover art for this release has been released.  I must say they look pretty cool here. :)


CDJapan will also be giving out a tokuten with the purchase of this single from their webstore.  CLICK ME to go to the product page for this single if you want to purchase this from CDJapan.

This is the tracklist for this release.

1 騎士行進曲
2 愛、ひと欠片
3 騎士行進曲  
4 愛、ひと欠片  

It's pretty simple tracklist.  You have Kishi Koshin Kyouku (騎士行進曲) which is the OP for Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine which is the name of S2 of the Knights of Sidonia anime. Then you also get ai, hito kakera (愛、ひと欠片) which is the main theme song of the theatrical version of Knights of Sidonia S1.  Then you get off-vocal versions of both songs.

This PV of Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine previews angela's Kishi Koshin Kyouku song.



To be honest, I'm not really loving this song right now.  I think maybe Sidonia was just way too epic and the follow up to that song was always going to need to be more than amazing.  I don't know.  I still like Sidonia way more.

And this is ai, hito kakera's MV short version.



Now this song, I quite like. :)  Because angela's most famous songs are usually quite epic, it's easy to forget that atsuko is quite capable of singing a sweet song like this.

I'm not sure if I'll pick this up yet.  I am tempted but then I may wait till the end of the year and see if angela shows up for Anime Festival Asia again.  I may pick it up then because I hope to get it autographed too. :)

Okay, that's it from me for now.  I was thinking that I may do another short angela post about their upcoming album release One Way but I think I'll do it tomorrow... maybe... probably something really short.

Unfortunately, Ieiri Leo's CD un-boxings will have to wait a little bit more because I only just realised that I never shot photos of them. :(  So it'll take time for me to take the photos etc.  So I think I'll most likely only get to it over the weekend.  Meanwhile, I may write a little thing about Nanri Yuuka. :)

For now though... my bed calls!! Good night. :)

No comments: