description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 28/05/2023

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kalafina ~ Animax Musix at Yokohama today & other rambling thoughts

Kalafina performed at Animax Musix in Yokohama this afternoon where they collaborated with KOTOKO to sing "Light My Fire".  KOTOKO posted a photo of herself and Kalafina together backstage.  :)
I went to Anime Festival Asia Malaysia, the first and, so far, the only time they've had a Malaysian leg for AFA.  Since I had to travel to KL to attend the festival, I bought VIP tickets to both anisong nights even though I was really only at AFAMY to see Kalafina who headlined the first night of the anisong concerts.  Because I did that instead of returning to Singapore on Sunday, I also got to see KOTOKO on the second night and she was good!!  So yeah, I have been lucky to have seen her perform live too. :)

ELISA also posted up a backstage photo of herself and Kalafina.

She wrote that they had neighbouring dressing rooms and also said that it was nostalgic as she recalled that they collaborated on Yuzurenai Negai previous.

I've also seen ELISA live before, at last year's AFA in Singapore. :)  I decided that I really couldn't afford to go to all the I Love Anisong nights, so I just decided to only go to Valvrave night because TM Revolution, Nana Mizuki and angela were going to sing that night.  And since ELISA's "soba ni iru yo" is one of the themes songs for Valvrave, she also sang that night and she was actually a lot better live than I thought she would be.  :)  It was a fun night. :)

Hmmmmm.... I guess now that I think about it.... I've been pretty lucky. :)  I've been able to see Kalafina, Kajiura Yuki / FictionJunction, angela, TM Revolution, flumpool, Perfume, Flow, KPP, L'Arc-en-Ciel, Weaver etc etc live.  That's not bad at all.  I'll also be going to almost all the nights at AFA this year.  I don't know if I can make it on Thursday night which REVO will attend.  I don't have extra leave left.  And it starts a little too early for me to request an early off, so I may not be able to go.  If it was Kalafina or Kajiura Yuki, I would have asked for unpaid leave but since it's not, I think I'll be working my full 9 hours that day. :P

Ah.... would have been nice to have been at the Yokohama Arena this afternoon.  Would be nice to get this too but no chance of that since I'm here in SG. :'(

source
Someday I really should try and go for one of these huge anisong events in Japan when Kalafina is going too.  Might be fun and interesting. :)  Too bad we junior 2D artists don't get paid a ton of money, need to work harder and move into a better paying position!!! :D  My workstation is down now, it blew the PSU and it cost me SGD100 to ship in a second-hand one because DELL quoted me SGD400 for a new one. :'(  Ah well, on the bright side, I'm blogging more these few weeks because I don't have a workstation for me to practice on just yet.  When my PSU comes through, I'll be pretty busy again even at home because I have to start practising again.  For now... I'll just enjoy the opportunity to just write a few random rambling blog posts. :)

No comments: