description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 23rd April 2024

Friday, July 18, 2014

Kalafina ~ THE BEST "Red" / "Blue" LE ~ blu-rays

This is just a very simple post.  Originally, I wanted to stick this at the back of the un-boxing post (CLICK ME) but I was still working on that post at about  3:10 am in the morning so I decided not to do it then.

I wasn't going to write anything too extensive then but I did originally intend to go watch the WOWOW version of the 5th Anniversary Live first before writing too much more.  When I first saw it on a streaming site, I remembered thinking that the mix for the WOWOW version wasn't that good as it had a tendency to always emphasise the main vocals too much.  But without watching that live again, I don't really have a point of comparison.  And since I won't know if I'll ever get around to doing it, since I'll be working weekends this week, I decided that I'll just post up the photos anyway since I already shot them.

I don't have a BD player on my computers so everything has to be shot off my telly which isn't the ideal setup.  I play these BDs using a Sony PS3 which is hooked up via an HDMI cable to a Sony HD Ready TV.  So we're not getting full HD on the tv, just 720P.  The audio is hooked up to an amplifier which sends the music to two bookshelf speakers.

Red BD photos

    

Blue BD phootos

    

I haven't actually had the time to really watch these BDs, I just left them playing as I wrote up the un-boxing post.  From what I saw, they seem pretty good but they really seem to have really pushed the brightness levels in some of the darker parts because they was a fair bit of colour noise.  I think it was probably pretty dark in those shots and they wanted more detail.

This really would have worked better at the end of that longer post since my main intention was just to show the opening graphic, the menu page and, a few shots of the actual concert footage even though I could not really replicate the quality of the video using a phone camera and my not very ideal setup.

You can also tell that I forgot to take the menu page for the Blue BD, so um.... heh heh... just imagine a blue version of the Red BD menu. :P

Okay... time to dash to work.

Have a good weekend everyone. :)

No comments: